The ERA-NET Cofund project, LEAP-AGRI, is preparing a two-stage Call for Proposals on Food and Nutrition Security and Sustainable Agriculture and Aquaculture. The preliminary themes of the call are:
- Sustainable intensification of agriculture
- Agriculture and food systems for nutrition
- Expansion and improvement of agricultural markets and trade.
Each application must include partners from at least two participating European countries and at least two participating Africa countries.
The objective of the call is to develop scientifically-based practical solutions in a research process to improve the agricultural sector and the African population food security and nutrition. The Call will consider three main topics and applicants are asked to submit proposals for research projects developing solutions to address:
- Sustainable agricultural production intensification, in relation to social, economic and environmental aspects, including aquaculture;
- Population nutrition and health in relation to agriculture and food systems;
- Access to food, expansion and improvement of agricultural markets and trade, including local and territorial dynamics.
Project proposals should take into consideration the different niches of agricultural production and trade covering the range of family farmers, as well as medium- and large-scale producers, their multicriterial performances, their contribution to local, regional, and international markets, as well as the processing of food and grocery marketing, with a focus on rural and urban African population food security.All projects will have to include collaborative research. To focus and connect the knowledge sharing and research uptake activities, projects will be asked to design a Theory of Change with a related Impact Pathway which mentions well-specified outputs and outcomes. Other actions related to innovation and mobility are strongly encouraged.
Participating Countries and Funding Agencies
African countries: Algeria (DGRSTD-MESRS), Burkina Faso (FONRID), Cameroun (MINRESI), Egypt (MHESR), Ghana (STEPRI-CSIR), Kenya (MOEST), Senegal (MESR), South Africa (NRF), Uganda (UNCST);
European countries: Belgium (FWO, FNRS, BELSPO), Finland (AKA), France (ANR, AFD), Germany (BLE, DLR-PT), Nederland (NWO, MINEZ), Norway (RCN), Portugal (FCT), Spain (MINECO), Turkey (TUBITAK);
International organizations: CIHEAM-IAMB (based in Italy)
- LEAP-AGRI: www.leap-agri.com
- From UniPID: Melissa Plath, tel. +358 40 024 8075, firstname.lastname@example.org
- From the Academy of Finland: Science Adviser Päivi Lindfors, tel. +358 295 335 028, email@example.com
See more here